3. Elizabeth was named after her mother.
5. When King Edward VIII abdicated the throne to marry Wallis Simpson, Elizabeth's father became King George VI.
18. She has made five official visits to the United States during her reign.
35. That year, it's estimated that the queen and the Duke of Edinburgh traveled 56,000 miles.
56. Queen Elizabeth II is the 40th monarch since William the Conqueror was crowned in 1066.
57. There have been 12 U.S. presidents since she first began her reign.
58. There have been seven Roman Catholic Popes during her time as monarch.
67. In summer 2005, she opened the first children's trail in the Buckingham Palace garden.
81. Queen Elizabeth II has given royal assent to, or passed, more than 3,500 Acts of Parliament after passed by the houses of Lords and Commons.