Monday, January 23, 2017

A Poem about Donald Trump (with apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning)

A Poem about Donald Trump
(with apologies  to Elizabeth Barrett Browning)

How  Do  I  Hate Thee?
How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.
I hate thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sorts,
So much so, that I want to wretch and vomit.
I hate you to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I hate you freely 'cause you strive for wrong.
I hate you purely, as I turn from praise.
I hate you with the passion put to use
In my old hates and I hope you burn in hell.
I hate you with a hate I seemed to lose
With my lost  political hopes. I hate thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,

I shall hate you better after death.

No comments:

Post a Comment